Cute moments

I want to share some moments that happened this week:
On Sunday, January 29th:
I was gettting ready to give Rosalie a bath and I had her laying on the counter and was talking to her. She was in a really happy mood and was giving me giant smiles. I was talking baby talk in those high pitched voices, and I tickled her chubby little armpits. When I tickled her she gave a short little giggle. Her first laugh!! I repeated the tickling and talking and she gave another short throaty giggle! I opened the door and yelled out to Dan that she just laughed for the first time and he came in the room to see. I tried repeating the underarm tickle but that didn't work so I tickled her tummy. This time we didn't get the full giggle, but we got a little half laugh; still Super Cute!! Later, at church I was changing her diaper and I thought I would try again. I tickled her belly and she gave me 2 more little laughs!! I LOVE it!! She is the cutest baby, she sure does make me smile.

Also that night we were struggling to get Ella to eat her dinner, but she really wanted to help me make some cookies. So I resorted to some bargaining. This is how the dialogue went:
Me- "Eat 2 more bites of your dinner and then you can help me make cookies."
Ella, holding up 2 fingers- "2 more bites?"
Me- "Yes, eat 2 more bites."
Ella, who now lifted up one more finger for 3 fingers up- "3 more bites?"
Me, laughing- "Sure, eat 3 more bites."
Ella- "Okay, 3 more bites." And off she went back to her plate, and ate her 3 more bites of dinner!
Haha, I don't think that kind of bargaining is going to last too long! But for now I will take it!

In other news, I weighed Rosalie on Wednesday, she is 16 lbs, 1 1/2 oz. Pretty hefty for a 3 month old. But you can't help but love her chub:


I have some little paper flowers for a mobile for Rosalie's room that I haven't gotten finished yet. Well, Ella really likes these flowers; she carries them around the house and plays with them. But she knows they are Rosalie's so being a good sister, she shares them with her little buddy. I often find Rosalie sitting in her rocker with a flower on her belly like so:
 I've told Ella that it's not a good idea for Rosalie to have the flowers, but she insists on sharing:
Notice the flower in Rosalie's arms.
  Oh well, least she's sharing, right?!

 These days Ella hardly wears normal clothes, she is always dressed up as a princess. Her favorite switches between Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty aka Rose. As you can see below she was Rose in these pics. She's really cute, she asks me all the time to turn on the radio so she can dance. Then she spins and frolics around the room, saying "I am a beaUtiful princess!" and sings alongs to the Disney songs! I love my little girlies!!
I still can't believe this dark hair dark eyed baby is mine!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! Thanks for posting pictures:)

     
  2. Your little girlies are so sweet! i can't believe how much Ella has grown since moving from Kzoo. She's quite the little lady and she looks just like you! Hope your family is well! ~Julianne

     
  3. Cute pictures! I can't believe you guys have a dark haired baby either. Much like our two red-heads. Funny how genetics work, huh?!