The Great Transformation

When we bought our house our deck looked bad, and not the good bad, the bad bad. Dan was worried that it was a total loss, but I had hope. I knew somewhere in that mildewy, neglected wood was the potential for beauty. We slaved for 2 full days on this puppy and yes I was right, now it looks SWEET!! I guess we could possibly be okay at this homeownership thing. We have a little bit of handyness in us :)


Before:
This is what we saw when we first looked at the house back in April. Everything else about the house was great. The deck was the only real drawback. Can you tell why? Mildew, Algae, sinking corner... to name a few. Thankfully the listing realtor fixed the sinking corner we just had to do the rest.

During:
Working in that cleaner to get off the gunk, this part took FOREVER.
This is what is looked like after the cleaning. WOW, look how great it looks already!
After:
Ta Duh!!! What a transformation!! We are awesome, I am so proud of us. Although I never want to have to do that again. HOLY COW, I've never worked so hard!

4 comments:

  1. Holy crap your deck looks great now? More people should invest their own energy into redoing their decks instead of scrapping and starting over. Really good job you guys!

     
  2. Wow, your deck looks great! Good work! I hope you can enjoy it for a little bit longer before the winter weather sets in ;). Your blog looks so cute, is it already Halloween?! I don't know where time is flying.

     
  3. Wow! That's awesome guys! It looks so good! I'll bet you can't wait to have some good bbq's out there!

     
  4. Hey Holly! Your place looks great! We miss you guys here. The cul-de-sac is a little lonely. Good luck with everything. Ella is adorable. I hope you are surviving residency!