Happy 1st Birthday!

February 16- One ~1~!
I can't believe the last year went by so fast! My little baby isn't a baby anymore! As sad as that is for me, it's really exciting too, because each day she gets cuter and smarter and does things that just melt my heart! Ella's birthday was quite the celebration! We went to Utah to celebrate her birthday with all the fam. I had all of these big dreams and plans of how I wanted her party to be, just ask Dan, I was dreaming this event up for weeks! But, because we weren't going to do it at our home, I couldn't do a lot of the organizing until we got to Utah. So the party turned into a mad rush to get everything completed, which resulted in many things not turning out how I had planned them in my head. But as mad as it was to get last minute details and how awful some of my ideas turned out, it was still a blast! Ella looked like she really enjoyed herself! So here goes the birthday:

Ella spent most of the day with her Daddy, they went to lunch with Grandma T., then they went to Aunt Tricia's to play. Once, they were back at Grandma V's it was hurry and get ready for the party!
I love all the tutu's that I've seen around, so back when I was pregnant and found out it was a girl, I started planning putting her in a tutu for her 1st birthday. So I scoured the internet for ideas and made her this sweet little tutu. I love it!! Ribbons, purple, pink & girlie, of course! She has been my little princess from the beginning so I made her princess shirt to match. I really wanted a special little party hat for her, so I made her little clippy party hat to match. One of my favorite things that you can't really see in the pictures is her piggy tails! I lOvE pig tails on little girls! Although, at the start of her party she seemed a little grumpy. We finally figured out that those sweet piggy tails were pulling her hair, so sadly then had to come out :( Oh well, she was still adorable and it made her personality match. Once they were out, she was a bright, cheery little girl again!
The Princess and Grandpa Vaughn
Ella and Aunt Jana-I don't know if she's giving hugs or trying to escape from the flashes of the camera, hehe!
When the girls found out Ella had a tutu, they all decided to wear theirs too! (I think there might have been some demanding their Moms go home and bring them!!! ;)
I think they are all sooo cute!
(By the way, don't you love the retro party hats Ella's cousins are wearing?! I found them in my Mom's basement, I think they are from a party when Jana was like 7, cool huh!)
Ella Bella (with Princess bib, of course) and Grandma Vaughn
Ella and Abby giving each other the stare down, while Payton and Parker play
I saw these really cute pull string pinatas and decided to make my own. This is partly where I got off track; it took a lot longer than I thought it would. But it was so worth it.
Ella was so cute pulling on those strings. (Sorry about my monster eyes in this photo, there isn't a yellow eye remover in my photo editor, so I couldn't figure out how to make them go away)
It turned out everyone got a turn to pull a on a string. The right string was the very last one to be pulled, but even then I didn't get it reinforced enough so the string broke and no candy came out! I ended up pulling the trap door open by hand.

After the Pinata it was present time!!! Wowee, Ella sure has lot of family who love her tonz, because she had a lot of presents!
See check out all of those gifts-and this is BEFORE some family had even arrived!
She was really funny opening presents, she would reach in the bag pull out the item and if it was clothes it immediately got tossed to the side; she didn't even bother to give it a second look. There were a few outfits that I had to pick up off the floor to see because she tossed them aside so quickly.
She had the drill down pat, see look how intent she is on getting that paper off to see what is inside. (sorry these pics are a little blurry, my camera had some issues)

0 comments: