So Sleepy

December 14th:


Oh, around 5:00 that night, while waiting for Dan to come home from work; Ella and I hung out in the living room. I was sitting doing a puzzle and she was happily playing with her toys on the floor. Now, in case you don't know Ella hated to be on her stomach for the longest time. So to get her to play on her stomach was a long time in the making. So you can imagine my shock when I looked up at this:
I almost thought she had choked or stopped breathing or something! I went over to her and turned out she was just fine; merely sleeping. I thought it was so funny that here she was just quietly playing with her toys and the next second, sound asleep, let alone sound asleep on her stomach!
Dan came home and I showed him our little sweetie sleeping under the Christmas tree. He was as surprised as I was-he asked me "Did you make sure she was breathing?!" Of course I did! She slept like that for like an hour and when she woke up this is what she looked like:

I think those pictures are so funny. Her poor face. Even though her first stomach sleeping left her like this, it didn't hurt anything, the stomach is now her preferred sleeping position. Some nights we barely lay her in bed and she flips right over to her stomach before you can get the blanket over her! She is such a cute girl!

1 comments:

  1. Oh what a sweetheart! My kids have always preferred sleeping on their stomach. As do I! :)