Happy 8 Month Birthday Ella Bella!

[I'm gonna skip ahead a little bit, but I'll come back later and post what I missed. Today is her 8 month birthday so I want to post about my girl (plus my fam keeps asking for current pics, these are as current as it gets. These were taken this evening.)]
My little baby is 8 months old today!
I thought I would quick share two little things that have happened, Oh- She's so fun!
Today I had one of those “oops!” moments. It was just before bedtime, I was feeding Ella her nightly cereal. We had started a new kind this week and it thickens up a little more than the others; so she was gulping and struggling to swallow. There was a sippy cup right there and so opened it up I poured a little water in the cereal to thin it down. Worked like a charm; she seemed better able to swallow. There were only a couple bites left and she looked kind of thirsty so I said “Do you want a drink?” and picked up the cup and put it up to her face. The whole cup of water spilled out right into her lap! Poor girl sucked in a breath really quick and looked up at me with big, shocked eyes. “Mom! What did you do?!” Okay. so she didn’t really say that, but I know that’s what she was thinking. I felt so bad! Apparently when I finished pouring water into her cereal I only set the lid on top of the cup, not screwed it back on. Ooops!
(Don't ya just love those little teeth!)
Last night, I went to a knitting/crochet night at a Ward member’s house and Ella got to join me since Dan was working the night shift. The home where we went has a little dog, Tonks, who is just the cutest. Anyway, Ella was so funny with her. When we first got over there, Ella wasn’t so sure about Tonks; she would watch her and had this little quizzical look on her face. Every time the dog would come in the room Ella would follow her around with her eyes. I would ask her “What’s that? Is that a doggy?” “Dog.” Soon Ella started saying “Da” when Tonks would walk around. And eventually it turned into yelling at the dog to come to her “Da, Da, Da, Da.” Over and over. She got so frustrated that she couldn’t get the dog that she would ball up her fists, her body would go stiff all over, her face would go all red, and she’d go “Ughhh!” It was a riot. She had the whole room laughing. She wanted that dog so bad. I put her on the ground next to the dog and she would’ve pulled it’s fur off then tackled it if I had let her. At home, she’ll take her stuffed animals and squeeze them really tight and rub her face into them. I think this is what she wanted to do with Tonks. I moved her away so that she couldn’t reach the dog and she proceeded to call to it, then stiffen up in frustration. She even went about doing a fake laugh because she was excited the dog was so close. She is so funny. Everyday it’s something new that makes me smile.

5 comments:

  1. She is so cute! She has grown up so much since I last saw you! I love her outfit, love her bow, love her face...love her! How's the knitting coming along?

     
  2. I love when their personalities start coming out! This age (from about 6 months to about 2 years) is my absolute favorite! They are so cute, and they are constantly doing new things that melt your heart. Looking at those pictures of Ella made me miss her (and you guys) so bad! And BTW, I have that same outfit for Abbey! I love it. Except Abbey's shirt is green instead of pink. AND, I love the Halloween background! :o)

     
  3. I hope you don't mind--I found the link to your blog! Rachel loves Ella--she gets so excited when she sees her in church and even drew a picture of her in sign class this week! She's a cutie!

     
  4. Isn't it amazing how fast time flies?! Ella is so cute and I love that she is still so chubby and blonde-what a cutie!

     
  5. So, I know I already left a comment, but I just have to tell you that I keep coming back to your blog to look at these cute pictures of Ella! I miss you guys!