Happy Halloween

Ella's First Halloween:

For Halloween we dressed up Ella as a chick. On Friday the 30th, Ella and Holly went to the ward Trunk or Treat. We dressed her up in her little fluff and Holly dressed up as a cowgirl. (Sorry no pics) Dan met us there later after he got off work. A lot of people from the ward gave him a lot of slack for being "so original" with his costume. He didn't have time to change after work so he came to the church in his work scrubs. So the doc dressed up as a doc ;) Anyway, Ella looked so cute and was so interested in all of the people in their costumes.

On Halloween, in preparation for the Trick or Treaters, I opened all the candy and put it in a bowl. I set the bowl on the floor in the living room so it would be handy when the kids started coming. Ella was sitting in the living room playing with her toys; I walked out of the room and when I came back this is what I saw:
She wanted that candy so bad. She ended up working herself forward enough so that she could grab it and go to town.
Got it!
Which one should I eat?
I think I'll eat the Starburst
Good Choice
A couple weeks ago we went to a place called "Gene the Pumpkin Man" for a playgroup and got a bunch of pumpkins. Gene's farm was pretty awesome. He had big barns that were painted bright orange, he had a big orange cadillac and Gene himself was dressed from head to toe in hunter's orange. He was the coolest old guy. On Halloween morning, we got up early and carved our pumpkins. (we had a pretty busy week and with Dan's schedule that was the only time we could get it done) We carved a little pumpkin family. Aren't they cute?
We ended up having a ton of trick or treaters in our neighborhood. I thought we'd have some extra candy for us to eat. But we ended up running out. Good thing we had some caramels in the cabinet for a recipe I was going to make. I guess maybe we should have taken Ella trick or treating so we would've had some treats :)
Here's my little Chickie and Dan, in his classic Halloween tee
She looks sleepy
We finished our Halloween adventures by going to Dominic's party. Mike told Dan "Your daughter is the cutest chick at this party!" Boy was he right!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh... Ella looks SOOOOOO!!! stinkin cute! I miss her so much! (and you guys) ;) It looks like you had an awesome halloween! I can't wait to see you guys in 2 months!!!!! I hope all is going well! I love you guys!!!

     
  2. OH. MY. GOSH. Those are the cutest freakin pictures ever! hahaha! I loved the candy ones! She was concentraiting so hard. She looked a lot like Dan's baby pictures there!